Sunday, April 10, 2011

ACID REFLUX...caused from medications to make other things better!

Acid reflux....never had it in all these years. I take pride in my body that my "plumbing" has been the best functioning of all for all these years. Yes, healthy eating, exercise and trying to avoid stress of all sorts has been a great part of why. But now, at a low time in my life acid reflux is moving in. All because of the tiny, tiny pills. 
When I was pregnant with my son 34 years ago I experienced at times heartburn. I thought it was frequently, but thinking back now as my chest tightens and burns, pressure builds like I will have a heart attack and sometimes..gross (food will not go down quickly enough) I wonder how do some people even get through the day feeling like this! No wonder America is miserable in its tracks. Grouchy people everywhere.The side affects these tiny, tiny pills are causing me are at time uncomfortable, unbearable and unwantable (if that is a word). Somehow it is seeming to me it is much better to go through life experiencing my MS symptoms and learning to adjust and move on with them as best I can and be thankful I do not have these other unwanteds. 
So far total weight gain from the steroids is 8 lbs. I could use it. My son says I look healthy. My body feels like an alien has taken over. It is not the body I have had for 58 years. I weigh 6 lbs more than I did when I gave birth to my son 34 years ago. Then I weighed in at 132. No I do not look prego....just a bit more meat on my bones. I am not vain. I just like to feel comfortable in my own skin. I am on the downward spiral of pills this week. About 13 more days or so to go. Half way through. I am wide awake most of the day & night averaging 2 hours sleep per day. I want to sleep but the tiny, tiny pills are keeping my eyes wide open. But with the MS & b12 fatigue I am tired and have weak muscles and get extremely exhausted when attempting to do something productive or even not productive, just moving is tough. So I think and I write. Yes, next book getting on its way to the publisher. Perhaps there by months end for sure. 
I am not complaining. These blogs are for helping others if they are experiencing such things as I. The blogging is also for those who like to keep in touch with me as to how I am doing but just don't know how to approach me. That's ok about not knowing how to ask me. Not everyone can easily talk on these subjects. Ask me anything. But I wear my heart on my sleeve and I don't mind sharing. Mentally I am well...plumbing & mind state are my strongest features. It is the old shell of a body which is not participating properly. But I aim to change all of that. In time. Time. Such a small word but so vast. We either have little or lots. We waste it or we use it wisely. 
So acid reflux.....you are on your way out! I pray to God no damage is being done so I have to suffer its effects on my plumbing for the rest of my life...all because of the tiny, tiny pills to help my MS.
Crankiness is not my virtue.

No comments:

Post a Comment