Sunday, April 10, 2011

SUNSHINY DAY!

After spending over 80% or more of the last 6 months in my bed due to surgery, MS flareup & b12 deficiency fatigue all hitting me at the same time I finally  took myself out of the bed and into the living room for the day.The only times I were to leave the last 6 months have been to go to my doctor appointments or PT appointments. Friends have taken me when necessary and a couple times we did enjoy lunch out. But for the most part I have  been in the bed. Thank God for doctor appointments, even if at the times I needed to leave it was difficult mostly. It did get me fresh air and circulation. I am a firm believer that if you don't use it you loose it. 
The sunshine and 80 degree weather today did help stir me a bit. I wiped the marble table off on the deck and made a dish of sliced strawberries, banana's, blueberries topped with sunflower kernels. Sat with my bottle of water, cup of coffee and a magazine and relaxed and enjoyed my mid morning snack. It was wonderful to feel the warmth of the sun on my face and the breeze in my hair. These are the little things in life that mean so much to me. To hear the sounds of birds in the background and just be happy to have the time to enjoy it. What a beautiful Sunday it was. 
The rest of the day was spent relaxing with the magazines and laptop on the couch where I have not spent much more than a couple hours in the last 6 month. Needless to say the cat, being a creature of habit, was confused. At one point I noticed her at the top of the stairs like she was waiting for me to go to bed. Well I am back in the bed, glad to be here. Sometimes you just need to lie in your bed to feel comfy. So my exercise for the week will be to make sure I get downstairs for a few hours each day and if able to I will enjoy some moments on the deck...yes, all these things I so loved to do all my life....they will get me where I need to be again. I can not forget this. I never wish to forget where I have come from. I wish to be there again. And I will.



No comments:

Post a Comment