Saturday, May 07, 2011

DIET Verses "DIET" how we use a word changes its meaning

1. 
what person or animal eats: the food that a person or animal usually consumes
2. 
controlled intake of food: a controlled intake of food and drink designed for weight loss, for health or religious reasons, or to control or improve a medical condition
"a wheat-free diet"
3. 
regular intake of something: a continuous or daily experience of, or indulgence in, something other than food
"living on a diet of soap operas and game shows"
ADJECTIVE 
1. 
designed or promoted for weight loss: describes a food or drink that is intended for people trying to lose weight, usually because it is low in calories or fat, or contains a sugar substitute
"a diet soda"

Above is the definition found in the dictionary for the word diet. Just to let everyone out there know that when I reference the word diet in my blogs I am not referring to the meaning I have highlighted in pink. I use the term diet to represent those highlighted in blue. I have been fortunate in my life as to never having to diet in the respect to loose weight. If anything I have usually been under weight and had to use means to put weight on. The use of steroids also were not steroids to assist in body building to build mass of muscle or increase stamina, the steroids I used in the past were prescribed by my doctor to correct a spell from the MS being flared up. Or at least take the edge off of the problem. I do not advocate any type of dieting or binging or use of steroids. I am a believer in totally natural means of controlling your health with wholesome foods for nutritional value, exercise and the use of supplements to maintain and assist in keeping or getting your overall health in line to give you a better quality life.
My motto is Live Life Fully & Abundantly so UCanBeWell4Ever! So please if any of you have taken my blog the wrong way and are thinking I use steroids for body building means or take diet supplements please understand this is not my message. Nutrition, prayer and supplements helped me get into a remission once before 19 years ago and that is my goal again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment