Sunday, July 03, 2011

Coconut Oil....so very good for our bodies!




When I was pregnant with my son 34 years ago my Mom told me to use cocoa butter to not get stretch marks. She was right! I went through 3 tubs of the stuff in the 9-1/2 months I was pregnant. My stomach skin came back to normal for me after the birth. Such an inexpensive way to keep your skin supple. I am thankful Mom told me such a valuable secret. So now 34 years later I begin to seek out the cocoa butter and coconut oil. I have begun using coconut oil to cook with and to spread on my toast & breads. Being a lover of butter I was hesitant. I don't know why but when I finally made the first piece of toast with it I was sold. Coconut oil has so many benefits for you.
Coconut oil contains less calories than other oils and is often used for athletes for energy & endurance because its fat content converts easily to energy. It is not only good to consume but also wonderful for the skin & hair. When applied to the skin it has tremendous healing properties. When applied to the skin it provides a protective layer from bacteria & viruses.So needless to say I now will always have stocked on my shelves edible coconut oil also the kind for my skin & hair. I have begun to use it on my face instead of the $50 Dr Denese hydroshield serum I have used for years. Although I love my Dr Denese treatments and it worked wonders for me, I now will use this as the cost is so much less and I get the same results....if not better. I happen to think better results.
One product to take care of your body on the inside & outside! I love my Coconut oil!
 The health benefits of coconut oil include hair care, skin care, stress relief, maintaining cholesterol levels, weight loss, increased immunity, proper digestion and metabolism, relief from kidney problems, heart diseases, high blood pressure, diabetes, HIV and cancer, dental care, and bone strength. These benefits of coconut oil can be attributed to the presence of lauric acid, capric acid and caprylic acid, and its properties such as antimicrobial, antioxidant, 

antifungal, antibacterial, soothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment