Saturday, April 23, 2011

Day 28 is over.......

Sure do wish my fingers were moving that quickly!.....Glad to say though that my 28 days of the tiny, tiny pills are behind me. As time went on and the pills decreased each day my body slowly began to go back to it's normal shape and size. Tenderness and bloating are behind me for now. POISON....that is the only way I can describe what the steroids did to my physical body. Mentally they took me for a ride also. It exploded a whole new arena of problems with my body I never had all my life. To fix one set of problems, or should I say bring relief to me, the tiny, tiny pills took a path I did not like. I must say this one more time, if it were not for the fact my vision was being affected tremendously at the time from the MS, I would not have chosen steroids. There is no quick fix for MS, only alleviated or lessen the symptoms (hopefully), there is no fixing the damage done. But perhaps you may slow it down or halt it in it's present state. My hope lies there.....that I get no worse....that I may get back to doing things I love to do. Physical things...not just writing and thinking. More books will be born because of this....I do know that fact. Everything I experience in life has brought me people who are somehow connected to what I have been through...we share a common bond....God keeps sending them to me...so I will write if that is what He wishes for me. Unless you wear the shoes you have no idea....My footprints are becoming the blueprint for those entering the same path in life I have traveled. So more or less, my illness has not been in vain. For I have learned (and still learning) much and I have much to share. Open, honest, nothing to hide.....all the things about MS or perhaps another illness you can relate with me.....things your doctor or nurse will not tell you....they probably have no clue. Why? Because they haven't worn the shoes.
So, you might be wondering, did they work? The pain in the eye is gone, the sight blurs from time to time still, field vision is still bad, I still have all my other symptoms of MS going on. I would say no they did not work....but the pain in eye is gone so I can not fully say that. But I will say the steroids left me with alot more than I had wrong before....heartburn, a few pounds where I did not want them, puffy face, irritability....but I am hoping to rid these from my life shortly. It is time for their stay to be over. These things I can tell are different.....BUT......what does my liver look like? What damage has been done? Are my kidneys ok? Tiny, tiny pills.....don't think I will opt for them again....unless of course if my eyes are involved. 

No comments:

Post a Comment